If you have set up your Smart Alerts for a specific Tile, you should be receiving Smart Alerts when your mobile device has traveled outside its location boundary (geofence) for more than 10 minutes.
If you are not receiving Smart Alerts notifications
- Device compatibility with the Tile app
- The Tile app is up to date and open
- The mobile device’s operating system is the current version
- An internet connection through cellular or WiFi
- Notifications are coming from the correct Tile
- You’ve met the distance and time requirements for the feature to work?
- Permission settings
- Permissions specific to Smart Alerts: Tile app > Settings > Smart Alerts Permissions
- If you see a warning icon next to a setting, you need to change that setting.
- Battery saving mode (low battery mode, battery optimization, battery saver, etc.) is not enabled. Either disable this mode or add the Tile app as an exception.
- If the Tile you set up Smart Alerts on is shared, if so, un-share the Tile then check for Smart Alerts notifications again. (This is just for troubleshooting purposes, you can share the Tile again after you test it.)
- If tapping the Find button to ring the Tile from the mobile device makes the Tile ring. If the Tile does not ring, the Tile’s battery may be low or dead. For Tiles with a replaceable battery, learn how to replace the battery.
- If there is Third party software that can block or disable apps and notifications such as anti-virus or Covid tracing apps. You may need to disable this software to use the feature.
After confirming the above, if you are still not receiving Smart Alerts:
- Disable and re-enable Smart Alerts.
- Delete and reinstall the Tile app.
- Force close all apps from the recent apps page, then relaunch the Tile app.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Select the Tile and ring it.
- Test the Smart Alerts feature again.
If you are receiving Smart Alerts for a location you did not specify
- On the home screen of your Tile app, select the Tile that is sending the Smart Alerts from a location you did not specify.
- Stay on this Tile’s screen for 4 minutes to allow time for firmware updates.
- After 4 minutes, scroll down to and select Smart Alerts.
- Select Anywhere Alerts if you wish to receive notifications when you leave things behind anywhere. If you wish to receive Smart Alerts from specific locations, add those locations.
- Force close all apps from the recent apps page.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Relaunch the Tile app and connect to your Tiles.
Location in Smart Alerts notifications is wrong
If you are receiving false alerts
Tap Find to ring the Tile from the mobile device. If the Tile does not ring, the Tile’s battery may be low or dead, which can trigger false alerts. For Tiles with a replaceable battery, learn how to replace the battery.
Error Message: “There are no Tiles to set up for Smart Alerts”
If you are trying to set up Smart Alerts for a Gen 2 Tile (the back of the Tile has 3 small holes lined up vertically), the app displays a message that there are no Tiles. Gen 2 Tiles have legacy hardware that predates Smart Alerts, and will only allow either Find Your Phone or Smart Alerts. If you want to set up Smart Alerts, you have to disable Find Your Phone for that Tile.