Connect any Trusted Place to Wi-Fi for faster notifications and improved battery performance. You can add Wi-Fi to up to 5 different Trusted Places.
When Wi-Fi is added to a Trusted Place, the Jiobit is able to save on battery power and use the connection to the Wi-Fi router to define its location when it’s within range. This means that your Jiobit’s arrival and departure notifications will occur faster than they would if the tracker was using a GPS signal, and with greater accuracy.
You can set up a connection to any Wi-Fi network you have the password to, as long as you and the Jiobit are in a Trusted Place during setup.
To set up Wi-Fi at a Trusted Place:
1. Enable Bluetooth on your phone and allow the Jiobit to connect
2. Place the Jiobit within range of your Wi-Fi router
3. Open the app
4. Go to MENU
5. Go to Trusted Places
6. Click (...) next to the relevant Trusted Place
7. Select Add Wi-Fi
8. Choose a compatible 2.4G network and enter the Wi-Fi credentials
To remove or update your Wi-Fi network:
1. Open the app
2. Go to MENU
3. Go to Trusted Places
4. Select (...) next to the relevant Trusted Place
5. Select Remove Wi-Fi