There are a few possible reasons why you can’t see your Jiobit’s exact location right now:
1. Your Jiobit is safely within its Trusted Place
To maximize battery life, your Jiobit will go into lower power mode when it is inside of a Trusted Place. Because it considers a Trusted Place to be within a “safe” boundary (usually around your home or school), you will not be able to see the Jiobit’s exact location within that radius. This is intentionally designed in order to preserve battery life.
Don’t worry— the Jiobit will notify you once it has left the Trusted Place, and will allow you to follow along in Live Mode if you so choose.
2. Poor Signal
If you are seeing a “location will be updated momentarily” message in your app, your Jiobit is working to establish a network connection.
If the Jiobit is in a poor coverage area or something is blocking the signal to the device, the app may display the message CONNECTING TO JIOBIT. While the Jiobit works to establish an updated location, it will display the last known location reported to our servers.
3. Improper Placement
Whether you secure the Jiobit device to a waistband or your pet’s collar, there are a few attachment recommendations that will improve battery life and improve location accuracy:
- Position the grey side of the Jiobit outwards and clear of obstructions (i.e., not hidden deep within a backpack or under a pet’s neck)
- Try a different placement or attachment method if your child or pet experiences quick battery drain or delayed notifications
- Keep away from metal objects like dog tags or belt buckles
- Avoid keeping the Jiobit in a cubby or locker throughout the day to maintain battery life
If your placement is correct we recommend that you do a hard reset.