Add a Wi-Fi Fence to your home's Trusted Place setting to control how quickly you want to receive notifications.
Rather than selecting a manual boundary of 100-800 feet, the Wi-Fi Fence feature uses Wi-Fi signal strength to set the boundaries of your Trusted Place. By adjusting the range, you can control the timing of your notifications and restrict the size of your Trusted Place to your home Wi-Fi signal.
To connect to Wi-Fi and set up a Wi-Fi Fence at home:
1. Enable Bluetooth on your phone and allow the Jiobit to connect
2. Place the Jiobit within range of your home Wi-Fi router
3. Open the app
4. Go to MENU
5. Go to Trusted Places
6. Click (...) next to your Home Trusted Place
7. Select Add Wi-Fi
8. Choose a compatible 2.4G network and enter the Wi-Fi credentials
9. Once Wi-Fi settings have been added, click (...)
10. Select Make Wi-Fi Fence
11. Follow the prompts on the screen to set your preferred notification range
To disable Wi-Fi Fence at the Trusted Place:
- Open the app
- Go to MENU
- Go to Trusted Places
- Click (...) next to your Trusted Place
- Choose Edit Wi-Fi Fence
- Click Disable Wi-Fi Fence
Setting Your Wi-Fi Fence Range
By adjusting the range, you can control the timing of your notifications.
The shortest range may result in false departure notifications if the Jiobit is still technically in the home. If this happens, try increasing the range to cover more area.
If this does not resolve the issue, removing the Wi-Fi fence or adding a Wi-Fi extender might be required to curb the false departure notifications.