- Adhering to COPPA (The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act)
- An independently reviewed certification from kidSAFE
COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act)
Jiobit is compliant with COPPA, protecting the personal information of children under 13.
The act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information of children under 13 years of age. This act details:
- When and how to seek verifiable consent from a parent or guardian,
- Restrictions on the marketing of those under 13
Want to learn more? Read the full details of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
The kidSAFE Seal Program
The kidSAFE Seal Program is an independent safety certification service and seal-of-approval program designed exclusively for children-friendly websites and technologies. Eligible technologies include:
- Online game sites
- Educational services
- Virtual worlds
- Social networks
- Mobile apps
- Tablet devices
- Connected toys, and similar online or interactive services
Jiobit has received the kidSAFE+ COPPA-CERTIFIED Seal. This means that in addition to meeting basic KidSAFE safety standards, kidSAFE has verified our compliance with FTC-recognized "COPPA Privacy Rules".