Lenovo devices with Tile technology
The following devices have Tile finding technology built in:
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10
- ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 7
- ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 2
- ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 5
- ThinkPad T16 Gen 1 (Intel model)
- ThinkPad X13 Gen 3
- ThinkPad X13 Yoga Gen 3
- ThinkPad T14s Gen 3 (Intel model)
- ThinkPad T14 (Intel model)
How Tile works with Lenovo devices
Your PC is Tile-enabled. Once activated, it works like a Tile would:
- Ring the PC (up to 250 ft.)
- Find the PC with the Tile Detector
- View the PC's last known location on a map
- Enlist the power of the Tile Network
Before activating Tile on Lenovo device
Check required settings on Lenovo device
You can access the following settings from the Start button (Microsoft Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the PC screen).
- Internet connection: Start > Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi > Set to On
- Notifications: Start > Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Set to On
- Bluetooth: Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Set to On
- Location: Start > Settings > Privacy > Location > Allow apps to access your location > Set to On
Check Bluetooth driver
- Select Search (magnifying glass icon on the bottom left corner of the PC screen).
- In the search box, type Device Manager and then press Enter.
- Select Device Manager from the search results.
- Double-click Bluetooth to display the options.
- Double-click Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R).
- Select the Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver > Search automatically for drivers.
Activate Tile on Lenovo device
Step 1: Activate Tile on your PC
Complete the following steps on the Lenovo device.
- Download and install the Tile Windows app from the Microsoft Store:
Start > Microsoft Store > Search for Tile > Get.
- Select Open to launch the app.
- If you have an existing Tile account, sign in with your Tile account email and password.
- If you do not have an existing Tile account, select Get Started to create an account.
- If you get a notification about permissions required by Tile, change the settings and then tap Continue.
- Select Begin Activation.
If you are unable to activate Tile on your PC, after checking all required settings, contact Tile or Lenovo support.
Step 2: Download and sign into the Tile mobile app
Complete the following steps on your compatible mobile device.
- Download the latest version of the Tile app.
- Launch the Tile app and sign in with your Tile account email and password. The home screen of the Tile app shows the Lenovo device activated as a Tile.
- Check the permissions settings on your mobile device to make sure all available Tile features will work properly.
Step 3: Use the Tile mobile app to “find” your PC
From the Tile app on the mobile device, ring the PC by tapping the Find button.
The PC will ring if it is:
- Within Bluetooth range of up to 250 feet
- In any of these 4 power states: On, Modern Standby, Power Off, and Hibernate
- In Offline status for 14 days or less
More Tile finding features
Find Lenovo device when it is out of range
If you want to ring the Lenovo device and the green Find button is not showing on the Tile mobile app, the device is not within Bluetooth range.
Learn how to find the device’s last known location. This is the last place the device and the Tile app connected.
Find lost Lenovo device
If the device is lost, learn how to turn on Tile's Notify When Found feature.
Learn more about how the Tile network helps you find your Tiled items.
Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect
Premium and Premium Protect subscribers can:
- View the device’s 30-day location history.
- Receive Smart Alerts notifications when you leave the device behind anywhere or in specified locations.
- Register for item reimbursement.
Note: Item Reimbursement is available only for customers in the U.S. at this time.