If your Tile is within Bluetooth range of your mobile device, you should be able to ring your mobile device by quickly and firmly double-pressing the button on the Tile itself.
If your mobile device does not ring, check the following:
- Device compatibility with the Tile app
- Latest version of the Tile app
- Latest version of your mobile device's operating system
- Permission settings
- Find your Phone is set to On
- If the Tile you're trying to ring from is shared with you, the Tile may still be connecting to the owner's device.
- Have the Tile's owner turn off the Bluetooth on their mobile device, then allow 1-2 minutes for the Tile to connect to your device. Try ringing your mobile device from the Tile. (This is just for troubleshooting purposes, the Tile’s owner can turn Bluetooth back on after you test.)
- Tap the Find button to ring the Tile from the mobile device. If the Tile does not ring, the Tile’s battery may be low or dead. For Tiles with a replaceable battery, learn how to replace the battery.
- If you can’t ring the Tile because the green Find button is not showing, check if the Tile is connecting to the app.
- Battery saving mode (low battery mode, battery optimization, battery saver, etc.) is not enabled. Either disable this mode or add the Tile app as an exception.
- Do Not Disturb or Total Silence Mode is not enabled. Either disable this mode or enable Alarms Only or Priority Only (if your device has these modes).
- Third party software that can block or disable apps and notifications can also stop processes necessary for the Tile app to function properly.
- For iOS devices, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.
- Check if Maximum Capacity is within normal limits.
- Confirm there is no Important Battery Message about your device’s battery health.
- Check if Peak Performance Capability does not say performance management has been applied.
Note: If you need help finding the above settings, refer to the device manufacturer’s support site.
If you are still unable to ring your mobile device
- Force close the Tile app from your recent apps page.
- Restart your mobile device.
- If your Tile is a 2018 model or older, reboot your Tile by pressing and holding down the Tile button on the Tile for 10 seconds. (newer model Tiles do not require a reboot).
- Relaunch the Tile app.
- Allow 1-2 minutes for your Tile to connect.
- Try ringing your mobile device from the Tile.