Useful information to help you find your lost Tile
- The actual Tile does not have its own data connection. The Tile connects via Bluetooth to your mobile device to access its cellular or Wi-Fi connection to make location updates.
- The Tile has to be within Bluetooth range to make a connection and get a location update.
- When you view your Tile’s location history, remember that the last location update for your Tile is the last time and place your Tile was within Bluetooth range of a mobile device and made a connection. It is possible that the Tile is no longer there if it has moved since its last location update.
- Note that the Tile could be upstairs or downstairs because maps do not render in 3 dimensions.
Find your lost Tile
- Check your permission settings to make sure your mobile device is set up for Tile features to work correctly.
- On your Tile app, select the Tile you wish to find.
- Tap the green Find button.
If the green Find button is not available and you are sure you are within Bluetooth range of your Tile, allow 2 minutes to connect to the Tile. If you are in a place with multiple rooms, give each room this amount of time before moving to the next. Tile’s Bluetooth signal is susceptible to signal and environmental interference. So building structures like walls, floors, and doors can reduce your Tile’s connection range.
- Once the green Find button becomes available, tap the button to ring your Tile.
- Tap Done to stop the ring after you’ve found your Tile.
Tile app features that help you find your lost Tile
- Tile Detector: shows Bluetooth signal strength to help you know when you are getting closer to your Tile
- Find Your Tile on the Map: shows your Tile's last location
- Notify When Found: allows the Tile Network to provide location updates for your lost Tile
- Lost and Found: (For 2022 Tile Pro, Mate, and Slim) gives you the option to provide your contact information if someone finds your lost Tile