Tile has partnered with Dell to add Tile smart location to the Dell Pro Wireless Headset (WL5022)!
Perfect for users who are on the go and need to keep track of their headsets. The Integrated Tile feature protects your investment and allows end-users to track their lost or stolen headsets and find other Tile-enabled devices.
How do I activate my Dell Pro headset?
Before activating Tile:
- Launch the Plantronics Hub app and ensure your headset says 'Connected"
- Tap on the Apps button, then tap Tile
- At the bottom of the Tile screen, select Enable Tile
- Once enabled, the Launch Tile button will appear
- Tap Launch Tile to Download the Tile app
in the Tile app:
- Create and confirm your account
- Open the Tile app and tap the + sign, then tap to select Dell
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure the headset is charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile!
- Hold your headset close to your phone until you see the onscreen message that tells you activation has completed.
How does Tile work with the Dell Pro Wireless headset?
Once you have activated your Dell Pro headset using the Tile app, the Tile technology inside your Pro headset works in the same three ways as a Tile normally would!
Your Dell Pro headset utilizes Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to find it if it's hiding nearby, or see the location of where your headset was last connected- all within the Tile app on your phone.
My Dell Pro Wireless headset is not connecting to my Tile app, what can I do?
Here are some quick things to check:
- Make sure your headset is charged! Since the Tile integration uses the headset's built-in battery, if the battery level is below 10% then the headset may not be able to power on or connect to the Tile app.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone. The Dell Pro headset connects with your smartphone via Bluetooth for normal phone calls. The Tile app also uses Bluetooth to connect to the headset briefly and update the location so you'll know where they were last seen.
You'll especially want to check that Location Services are always enabled. The Android operating system in particular requires Location Services to be enabled to scan for Bluetooth devices. This is not specific to Tile.
Still having trouble connecting? Consider restarting your phone by powering it off, then back on. This can be especially helpful if you haven't turned off your phone in a long time. Restarting your phone helps to clear out any Bluetooth errors that can interfere with connectivity.
The location of my headset is showing incorrectly in the Tile app, how can I fix this?
- Please be sure that Location Services are enabled on your smartphone and that location permissions are Always granted to the Tile app - the Tile app needs access to your phone's location so that it can update your headset when they connect to your phone.
- The Tile app uses your phone's native maps application to understand where it is in the world. Please open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android if you don’t open these apps regularly. This will ensure that your phone's GPS information is reporting properly and will allow Tile to accurately locate your headset.
- Make sure your phone is not in Low Power (iOS) or Battery Saving (Android) modes to ensure that Location is updating properly. When in battery saving mode, the phone will update location information much less frequently, if at all.
I want to remove the Tile integration from my Dell Pro headset, can I add it back later?
Yes! If you decide you'd like to remove the Tile integration from your headset you can do so right in our Tile app, Please be sure that your Tile app is connected to the headset so that the green "Find" button shows up on the Tile card to avoid running into issues when reactivating it.
- Simply open the app, tap the 3 dots on the Dell Pro Tile card, then tap More Options
- On the details screen, tap the red Reset button.
The app will ask you to Confirm since this action is permanent. Not to worry though, if you want to use the Tile features later on, simply open the Tile app and tap the + to Activate the headset again.
Can I get a refund or warranty for my Dell Pro Wireless headset?
All refunds and warranties are fulfilled through Dell. You can contact Dell at their website with a variety of support options.