Having some trouble with your Tile + Skullcandy headphones? We got you covered! Check out some of our tips for notifications below:
“Verification timed out” error message:
This message appears if the Tile app doesn’t detect that you’ve pressed the buttons on your headset. Please make sure you press the two buttons on the headphones (power and play) at the same time:
If you are pressing the buttons as seen in the app instructions please continue below:
- Verify that you are activating the correct Skullcandy wireless headphone model.
- Check that your phone’s Bluetooth connection is ON.
- If yes, please refresh the Bluetooth connection by turning Bluetooth OFF and then back ON.
- Check the battery level of your headset.
- Retry activation once more. If it’s still not activating after performing the above steps, please contact Skullcandy support.
“Previously Activated” error message:
Your headphones only need to be activated once. If your headphones appear in your Tile app, then you do not need to activate a second time.
- If needed, move away from all other Tiles that are nearby during Activation
- Turn off/on Bluetooth (iOS) or Airplane Mode (Android). A last resort is to restart phone to clear out any Bluetooth errors
- If you are still seeing this error message after trying the above steps, please reach out to Skullcandy support for a replacement.
Tile app is not showing a connection to my headphones:
Make sure your headset is charged! If the battery is below 10%, the headphones will not power on and cannot be detected by any phone or the Tile app.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Restart Bluetooth, Airplane Mode or the phone itself if the issue persists.
Only one of my True Wireless earbuds are showing:
Make sure you are utilizing the L to R toggle button toward the bottom of the screen to see each earbud. Earbuds are individual finders- if you lose one you can ring it! See the images below.
When I tap “Find” in the Tile app, I can’t quite hear the ringing of the headphones.
When you tap the “Find” button to locate the headphones, the “Power on” voiceover will play on the headphones first. This will delay the ringing by a few seconds, then the ringing tune will start.
I’m using an Android phone and I don’t see the Proximity Meter working with my headphones. Why is that?
The Android OS currently does not support the Proximity Meter feature for Skullcandy headphones.
The Tile App does not give me the correct location of my headphones. How do I fix this?
- On your device’s settings, confirm location permissions are granted to the Tile app.
- Try the following troubleshooting steps to find your headphones on the map.
For Android users, please be sure to check battery saving options as it can affect the frequency of location updates or close the Tile app altogether.
- This can be resolved by adding the Tile app to the “Unrestricted list” of apps to allow the Tile app to run in background even if there’s no interaction with the app for a few hours.
One other item to check is the native maps application of the phone, especially if you have not opened it recently, this can contribute to an incorrect GPS reading of the phone itself. Kindly open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android.
Lastly, Android relies on significant location change to update the location of the Tile(s). If you have not changed location recently, that may be why the app hasn’t refreshed the location.
I want to activate my new headphones but I don’t see the Skullcandy logo in my Tile app, instead I just see a standard Tile icon.
Not to worry, this can happen if the Tile app has not downloaded the Skullcandy images.
To fix this:
- Check that you have a stable internet connection
- Force close the app by swiping it away
- Reopen the Tile app again to see if Skullcandy is now visible.
If this does not resolve the issue and the headset has been activated as a Tile Original, please contact us to further assist you.
I want to remove the Tile integration from my Skullcandy headphones. How can I do this?
You have the option to Hide the Tile to temporarily stop seeing the Location of the Tile by selecting “Hide Tile” in the Tile Details screen. This is our recommended option as you can unhide the Tile at any time in the future without needing to reactivate the Tile integration on the headphones.
If you’d like to continue with removing the Tile from your account and headphones, you can remove the Tile integration by opening the Tile app and following the steps below. Before proceeding, make sure to verify that your headphones are connected before performing the factory reset to avoid experiencing issues when you reactivate it.
- Tap the Tile card for your Skullcandy headphones
- Tap “More Options” underneath the Find button
- At the bottom of the screen tap “Reset”
You’ll see a pop-up message to confirm that continuing the reset will no longer locate your headphones with Tile. Tap “Continue” to confirm the Reset.
Unlike physical Tiles, you can re-activate the Tile integration on Skullcandy headphones at any time by tapping the “+” button in the Tile app and going through the Activation steps for the Skullcandy headphones once again.
If you have any further questions not answered above, please contact us - we'd love to learn the details of your situation and help in any way we can.