How does Tile work with GLIDiC devices?
Tile technology is built into your GLIDiC True Wireless earbuds. Once activated, they work in the same three ways as a Tile normally would:
- Ring your headphones or earbuds
*Please note that GLIDiC headphones and earbuds are not able to find/ring your phone like other Tile devices.
Your earbuds utilize Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to find them if they're hiding nearby. Or, you can see the location of where your headphones/earbuds were last connected in the Tile app on your phone.
Here’s a list of GLIDiC headphones embedded with Tile technology:
- Sound Air TW-5100 True Wireless Earbuds
- Sound Air TW-7100 True Wireless Earbuds
How do I activate Tile on my GLIDiC earbuds?
It’s super easy! First you’ll want to make sure your GLIDiC earbuds are charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile integration. Once you’ve done that, follow the steps below.
- Download our app with your smartphone or tablet (it’s free!)
- Create and confirm your account.
- Open the Tile app and tap the "+" sign to select your GLIDiC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you already have a Tile account, just follow steps 3 and 4 to activate your GLIDiC earbuds.
Having some trouble with your Tile + GLIDiC earbuds? We got you covered! Check out some of our tips below:
“Previously Activated” error message:
Your earbuds only need to be activated once. If your headphones appear in your Tile app, then you do not need to activate a second time.
- If needed, move away from all other Tiles that are nearby during Activation
- Turn off/on Bluetooth (iOS) or Airplane Mode (Android).
- Restart phone to clear out any Bluetooth errors
Tile app is not showing a connection to my earbuds:
Make sure your earbuds are charged! If the battery is low, the earbuds may not power on and cannot be detected by any phone or the Tile app.
Only one of my True Wireless earbuds are showing:
Make sure you are utilizing the L to R toggle button toward the bottom of the screen to see each earbud. Earbuds are individual finders- if you lose one you can ring it!
The Tile App does not give me the correct location of my earbuds. How do I fix this?
- On your device’s settings, confirm location permissions are granted to the Tile app.
- Try the following troubleshooting steps to find your earbuds on the map.
For Android users, please be sure to check battery saving options as it can affect the frequency of location updates or close the Tile app altogether.
- This can be resolved by adding the Tile app to the “Unrestricted list” of apps to allow the Tile app to run in background even if there’s no interaction with the app for a few hours.
One other item to check is the native maps application of the phone, especially if you have not opened it recently, this can contribute to an incorrect GPS reading of the phone itself. Kindly open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android.
Lastly, Android relies on significant location change to update the location of the Tile(s). If you have not changed location recently, that may be why the app hasn’t refreshed the location.