We are so excited to re-introduce Smart Alerts; this improved version is inspired by suggestions and feedback directly from the Tile Community. With your help, we made Smart Alerts the most intuitive alert system yet!
Now, Smart Alerts has two types of alerts: anywhere alerts, and location alerts. These can notify you when you leave any Tiled item behind anywhere. You can better expect the unexpected, and be ready for wherever life takes you.
To learn more about how it’s done, click here.
How do I set up alerts?
- In the Tile app, tap the ellipses (...) on the top right corner of the specific Tile you wish to customize and enable alerts
- Tap Smart Alerts
- Toggle the Smart Alerts option to on
What if I don't want to be alerted at a certain location if I left my Tile behind? Can I customize this setting?
Absolutely; sometimes your Tiled items have a set home, like your home! And if you leave the house, you might not want to be reminded that you left your winter coat there.
You can customize Smart Alerts to notify you only when you leave certain areas (like the original Smart Alerts) or, you can tell Smart Alerts to notify you anywhere you go… except for a few specific places.
Here’s how you can customize alerts:
- In the Tile app, tap the ellipses (...) on the top right corner of the Tile card you wish to customize, and then tap Smart Alerts
- Under the option to turn on Smart Alerts, you will see the prompt Don’t want to be alerted everywhere? Tap Add Location
- Toggle the location you wish to customize.
**Don’t see the location you want to edit? Tap Add a Place, enter its address, tap Next, then enter location details and tap Done.
- Once you have selected the locations you wish to customize, tap the back (<) button.
When you tap the back icon (<), you will notice the Smart Alerts page looks a little different now! You will now see a sections for Anywhere Alerts and Location Alerts. Listed under Location Alerts will now be the places you added.
If you only want to be alerted if you leave something behind at a certain location:
- Under Anywhere Alerts, tap Don’t Alert
- Under Location Alerts, Choose Alert for the locations you wish to receive notifications from when leaving.
If you want to be alerted mostly everywhere, except for a few specific places:
- Under Anywhere Alert, tap Alert
- Under Location Alerts, Choose Don’t Alert for the locations you wish to forgo seeing notifications if you leave that Tiled item behind.
Can I keep Smart Alerts off for certain Tiles?
Absolutely, Smart Alerts is activated individually for each Tile.
Hey! My buddy received this new Smart Alerts update but I haven’t. Why is that?
Great question! We started releasing the new Smart Alerts update on November 12, but only to a smaller group of Tilers. But no worries- you will be getting an update soon. Keep checking back in to your Tile app and the New Smart Alerts will be available within a month.
What permissions need to be turned on for Smart Alerts and why?
For Smart Alerts to detect locations and provide notifications for forgotten items, make sure your Smartphone or Tablets gives permission for Tile to use:
Location: Set to Always so the Tile app can use your location to find your things and display where they are on the map
Bluetooth Sharing: Set to On so your Smartphone/Tablet will know when you leave something behind
Notifications: Set to On so Tile can send you alerts and icon badges when you forget something behind
Background App Refresh: Set to On so your things can be found and their location can update without you having to open the app.
Motion & Fitness (for iOS users only): Set to On so Tile has access to sensor data like body motion to reduce “false alerts” while sitting in traffic.