When you quickly double-press the button on your Tile to make your phone ring, are you hearing a slow beeping sound while your phone is staying silent? Don't worry! This is your Tile letting you know that it's searching for a connection, but it can't find your device just yet.
Your Tile will beep 5 times like a "chirp" when you quickly double-press the button on your Tile if:
- Your Tile is out of range of your device
- Bluetooth is not enabled
- (iOS only) The app is closed on your device
- The proper permission settings aren't enabled on your device
To prevent Tile from sounding its "chirp", always ensure:
- Your device's Bluetooth is enabled
- (iOS only) The app is open and running in the foreground or background of your device at all times
- Your Tile and device are in range of each other
- Your device location settings are set to 'always' for Tile
Once you’ve done this, try double-pressing the button on your Tile quickly to see if it has established a connection. Your Tile should ring your phone successfully!
**Please note that if your Android device is in Do Not Disturb - Total Silence mode, the Tile app will not be able to make your phone ring. A notification will still appear in the phone's lock screen that Tile is ringing your phone, but there will be no sound with the alert.
To keep your Android device on Do Not Disturb, but still ring it using your Tile, switch your Do Not Disturb mode to Alarms Only or Priority Only.
Still Having Trouble Finding Your Phone?
If you're still having trouble finding your phone with your Tile, just log into your Tile app on any device to see your phone’s last location, make it ring, or send a lock-screen message to those who might find it.
If you're still having trouble, please contact our Customer Care team here.