When you quickly double-press the button on your Tile to make your phone ring, are you hearing a slow beeping sound while your phone is staying silent? This is your Tile letting you know that it's searching for a connection, but it can't find your device yet.
Your Tile will beep 5 times like a "chirp" when you quickly double-press the button on your Tile if:
- Your Tile is out of range of your device.
- Bluetooth is not enabled.
- (iOS only) The app is closed on your device.
- The proper permission settings aren't enabled on your device.
To prevent Tile from sounding its "chirp", always ensure:
- Your device's Bluetooth is enabled.
- (iOS only) The app is open and running in the foreground or background of your device at all times.
- Your Tile and device are in range of each other.
- Your device location settings are set to Always for the Tile app.
Once you’ve done the above, try double-pressing the button on your Tile quickly to see if it has established a connection. Your Tile should now ring your phone.
Note: If your Android device is in Do Not Disturb - Total Silence mode, the Tile app will not be able to make your phone ring. A notification will still appear on the phone's lock screen that Tile is ringing your phone, but there will be no sound with the alert.
To keep your Android device on Do Not Disturb, but still ring it using your Tile, switch your Do Not Disturb mode to Alarms Only or Priority Only.
If you're still having trouble ringing your phone with your Tile, log in to your Tile app on any device to make your phone ring or see its last location.