Tile has partnered with Plantronics to add Tile smart location to the Plantronics Voyager (4200 and 5200 series) wireless headset!
The Voyager headset is a lightweight Bluetooth headset with the powerful sound you’d expect from Plantronics. And more!
Unlike a typical headset, The Plantronics Voyager headset has an exclusive firmware update which adds Tile finding technology built right inside. Once you activate Tile on your headset, you can ring them if they're misplaced nearby, or see the last place you had them if misplaced further away.
To download the Plantronics firmware update, please be sure to install the Plantronics App on your smartphone. For details about the Plantronics Connect app, check out the Plantronics website.
Please note that only the standard Voyager model is eligible for this firmware update and does not include any other Plantronics models at this time.
How do I activate my Plantronics Voyager headset?
- First, make sure to update your Plantronics firmware to the latest version using the Plantronics app.
- Download the Tile app
- Create and confirm your account
- Open the Tile app and tap the + sign, then tap to select Plantronics
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure the headset is charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile!
- Hold your headset close to your phone until you see the onscreen message that tells you activation has completed.
How does Tile work with the Plantronics Voyager Wireless headset?
Once you have updated your Plantronics firmware to using the Plantronics app and activated your Plantronics Voyager headset using the Tile app, the Tile technology inside your Voyager headset works in the same three ways as a Tile normally would!
Your Voyager headset utilizes Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to find it if it's hiding nearby, or see the location of where your headset was last connected- all within the Tile app on your phone.
My Voyager Wireless headset is not connecting to my Tile app, what can I do?
Here are some quick things to check:
- Make sure your headset is charged! Since the Tile integration uses the headset's built-in battery, if the battery level is below 10% then the headset may not be able to power on or connect to the Tile app.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone. The Plantronics Voyager headsets connect with your smartphone via Bluetooth for normal phone calls. The Tile app also uses Bluetooth to connect to the headset briefly and update the location so you'll know where they were last seen.
You'll especially want to check that Location Services are always enabled. The Android operating system in particular requires Location Services to be enabled to scan for Bluetooth devices. This is not specific to Tile.
Still having trouble connecting? Consider restarting your phone by powering it off, then back on. This can be especially helpful if you haven't turned off your phone in a long time. Restarting your phone helps to clear out any Bluetooth errors that can interfere with connectivity.
The location of my headset is showing incorrectly in the Tile app, how can I fix this?
- Please be sure that Location Services are enabled on your smartphone and that location permissions are Always granted to the Tile app - the Tile app needs access to your phone's location so that it can update your headset when they connect to your phone.
- The Tile app uses your phone's native maps application to understand where it is in the world. Please open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android if you don’t open these apps regularly. This will ensure that your phone's GPS information is reporting properly and will allow Tile to accurately locate your headset.
- Make sure your phone is not in Low Power (iOS) or Battery Saving (Android) modes to ensure that Location is updating properly. When in battery saving mode, the phone will update location information much less frequently, if at all.
- For more recent versions of Android, be sure to add the Tile app to the unrestricted apps list to allow it to always run in the background even if you haven't opened the app recently. This is how the Tile app is designed to work but sometimes the Android OS will stop the app from working if you haven't opened it recently.
I want to remove the Tile integration from my Voyager headset, can I add it back later?
Yes! If you decide you'd like to remove the Tile integration from your headset you can do so right in our Tile app, Please be sure that your Tile app is connected to the headset so that the green "Find" button shows up on the Tile card to avoid running into issues when reactivating it.
- Simply open the app, tap the 3 dots on the Voyager Tile card, then tap More Options
- On the details screen, tap the red Reset button.
The app will ask you to Confirm since this action is permanent. Not to worry though, if you want to use the Tile features later on, simply open the Tile app and tap the + to Activate the headset again.
Can I get a refund or warranty for my Plantronics Voyager Wireless headset?
All refunds and warranties are fulfilled through Plantronics. You can contact Plantronics at their website with a variety of support options.