What are the Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones?
The Momentum 3 headphones from Sennheiser are over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones with Active Noise Cancellation and Tile finding power built right in! Simply activate within the Tile app and you'll be ready to find with Tile. Please note that only this model of Sennheiser headphones have Tile finding capabilities.
How does Tile work with the Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones?
The Tile technology is built right into your headphones. Once activated, they work in the same three ways as a Tile normally would:
- Enlist the power of your community
- Please note that unlike Tile devices, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones are not able to find/ring your phone.
Your Momentum 3 headphones utilize Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to find your headphones if they're hiding nearby or see the location of where your headphones were last connected, all within the Tile app on your phone.
Do I need to download a special app?
If you don't yet have a Tile account, please download our app here to join our Tile Community (it’s free!), then follow the steps below to activate the headphones.
How do I activate my Momentum 3 headphones?
- Simply download our app with your smartphone or tablet
- Create and confirm your account
- Open the Tile app and tap the "+" sign, then tap to select "Sennheiser”
- Follow the on-screen instructions - you’ll want to make sure the headphones are charged and powered on in order to activate the Tile integration!
- Hold your headphones close to your phone until you see the successful message that activation has completed.
If you already have a Tile account, just follow steps 3-5 to activate your Venue to your Tile account. After activation, you'll be able to locate and ring your headphones!
Will my Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones with Tile integration ever expire or need to be replaced?
Nope! The Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones do not need to be replaced or reTiled. Once activated with the Tile app, the Tile finding features will be available as long as you have the headphones and simply uses the headphones' built-in rechargeable battery.
Can I get a refund or warranty replacement for my Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones?
All refunds and warranties are fulfilled through Sennheiser. You can contact Sennheiser on their website with a variety of support options.
I’m having trouble with my Sennheiser headphones, can you help?
Not to worry, we’re here to help! You can find Frequently Asked Questions and quick troubleshooting tips below:
- I tried activating my Sennheiser headphones but I am getting an error message. What’s happening?
- This message appears if the Tile app doesn’t detect that you’ve pressed the power button until the indicator light glows on your Sennheiser headset. Please make sure you press the power button until the indicator light glows green or blue:
If you are pressing the buttons as seen in the app instructions please continue below:
- Verify that you are activating Sennheiser Momentum 3 wireless headphone model. The Tile App will not recognize other Sennheiser headphone models.
- Check that your phone’s Bluetooth connection is ON. If yes, please refresh the Bluetooth connection by turning Bluetooth OFF and then back ON.
- Check the battery level of your headset.
- Retry activation once more, and if it’s still not activating after performing the above steps, please contact Sennheiser support.
- I’m seeing a “Previously Activated” error message when I try to activate my headphones, what’s going on?
- Your headphones only need to be activated once. If you see the headphones in your Tile app, then you do not need to activate a second time!
- If needed, move away from all other Tiles that are nearby during activation.
- Turn off/on Bluetooth (iOS) or Airplane Mode (Android). A last resort is to restart phone to clear out any Bluetooth errors.
- If you are still seeing this error message after trying the above steps, please reach out to Sennheiser support.
- My Tile app is not showing a connection to my headphones, what can I do?
- Make sure your headset is charged, if the battery is below 10%, the headphones may not power on and cannot be detected by any phone or the Tile app.
- If your headphones are low, simply charge it.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone
- Restart Bluetooth, Airplane Mode or the phone itself if the headphones continue not to connect to the Tile app.
- The Tile App does not give me the correct location of my headphones. How do I fix this?
- The Tile app relies on the location information in your phone, and sometimes it needs some adjusting. On your mobile phone’s settings, confirm location permissions are granted to Tile app.
- Try the following our troubleshooting steps to find your headphones on the map. You should be able to locate your headphones in no time!
- For Android users, please be sure to check battery saving options as that can affect the frequency of location updates or close the Tile app altogether.
- This can be resolved by adding the Tile app to the “Unrestricted list” of apps to allow the Tile app to run in background even if there’s no interaction with the app for a few hours.
- One other item to check is the native maps application of the phone, especially if you have not opened it recently, this can contribute to an incorrect GPS reading of the phone itself. Kindly open Apple Maps for iOS or Google Maps for Android.
- Lastly, Android relies on significant location change to update the location of the Tile(s), so if you have not changed location recently, that may be why the app hasn’t refreshed the location.
- I want to remove the Tile integration from my headphones. How can I do this?
Firstly, you have the option to Hide the Tile to temporarily stop seeing the Location of the Tile by selecting “Hide Tile” in the Tile Details screen. This is our recommended option as you can unhide the Tile at any time in the future without needing to reactivate the Tile integration on the headphones.
If you’d like to continue with removing the Tile from your account and headphones, you can remove the Tile integration by opening the Tile app and following the steps below. Before proceeding, make sure to verify that your headphones are connected to avoid running into issues when you reactivate them.
- Tap the Tile card for your headphones
- Tap the “More Options” visible underneath the Find button
- At the bottom of the screen tap “Reset”
You’ll see a pop-up message to confirm that continuing the reset will no longer locate your headphones with Tile. Tap “Continue” to confirm the Reset.
Unlike physical Tiles, you can re-activate the Tile integration at any time by tapping the “+” button in the Tile app and going through the Activation steps for the Sennheiser headphones once again.
If you have any further questions not answered above, please contact us - we'd love to learn the details of your situation and help in any way we can.