For Tiles with a replaceable battery, the battery will work up to a year.
If you are a Tile Premium or Premium Protect subscriber, you will receive free battery replacements yearly.
For non-subscribers, you can purchase these batteries at most convenience stores or you can order them online from Amazon. We recommend the Energizer and Duracell brands.
Note: If you replace your Tile battery with a different battery than recommended, the battery life may vary.
You will need:
- A new battery.
- For Mate (2020 or 2018): CR1632
- Tile Pro (2022 or 2020): CR2032
- A precision screwdriver or paperclip.
To change the battery
- Open the battery door by applying a bit of pressure and sliding the door off.
- Remove the battery using a precision screwdriver or a paperclip.
- Insert the new battery completely into the battery compartment with the positive (+) side of the battery visible.
- Close the battery door, ensuring it is completely sealed. If not sealed, the battery connection and your Tile’s functionality may be affected.
Test your new battery by tapping Find on the Tile in the Tile app. Your Tile will then ring to show a successful connection.
To remove the Low Battery App Banner
- In the Tile app, select the Tile you changed the battery in.
- Tap the Low Battery Banner at the top of the screen, select I've Replaced this Battery.
What should I do with my old batteries?
Help us eliminate excess waste and keep batteries out of landfills by recycling your outdated unit at your local e-waste center. Some participating retail locations near you may also have e-recycling centers.
Tile partners with Total Technology Results to include their database feature in our app. Thanks to this partnership, you can see a list and get directions to the e-waste recycling centers nearest you in the United States (iOS only right now).
- In the Tile app, tap the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to and select Recycle Tiles.
- Tap View Locations, select a Location.
- Tap Directions, directions to this center will open in your device’s map app.