Replacing your new Tile’s battery is easy!
You will need:
- A new battery
- For Mate (2020 or 2018): CR1632
- Tile Pro (2020 or 2018): CR2032
A few things to note:
- If your Tile's battery dies before a year has passed from your purchase date (or 3 years for Sticker and Slim 2020), we'll replace it free of charge since it's covered by our worry-free warranty. Please update your shipping address, and if need be you can contact us here.
- Replaceable batteries are currently only available for the following models: Tile Mate (2018, 2020) and Tile Pro. All other Tiles have built-in, non-replaceable batteries. Please do not attempt to physically replace the batteries on these models. You can replace and upgrade these Tiles through our reTile program.
- If you have Tile Premium, we will ship you free battery replacements. Otherwise, these battery types are sold at most convenience stores or can be ordered from online from Amazon. We recommend the Energizer and Duracell brands, which cost around $5 for a pack of 5.
- The battery that comes with your Tile should last a year. If you replace with a different battery than recommended, the battery life may vary.
Once you have the correct battery, follow these simple steps below:
Open the battery door by applying a bit of pressure and sliding the door off
Remove the battery using a a precision screwdriver or a paperclip
Put in the new battery by hand, ensuring the battery is completely inserted into the battery compartment. The positive (+) icon side of the battery should be visible when the battery is inserted.
Close battery door by sliding the door in the opposite direction. Make sure the battery and battery door is completely sealed. If either is not secured, this may affect the battery connection and your Tile’s functionality.
...and you're done! You can test your new battery by pressing Find on the Tile card in your app. Your Tile will then ring to show a successful connection.
How do I remove the Low Battery app banner?
- Open your Tile app.
- Tap on the Tile’s card that had a low or dead battery.
- Tap on the low battery banner on the top of the app then choose "I've Replaced this Battery".
What should I do with my old Batteries?
Our team would love if you could help us eliminate excess waste and keep batteries out of landfills by recycling your outdated unit at your local e-waste center. Some participating retail locations near you may also have e-recycling centers.
We’ve made it easier for you to responsibly dispose of old Tiles and batteries. In 2018, Tile initiated a relationship with Total Technology Results to be the first to include their database feature in our app. Thanks to this partnership, you can now see a list and get directions to the e-waste recycling centers nearest you in the United States (iOS only right now).
- In your Tile app, tap on the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and under Tiles tap on Recycle Tiles.
- You’ll get a convenient list of nearby recycling centers.
- Click on a location and your maps application will open with directions to this center. Be sure to give them a call to make sure they're open!