Tile has partnered with KeySmart to create a key finder with Tile smart location built into it.
KeySmart is a keyholder that offers a convenient way to keep people’s keys organized and easy to carry. KeySmart now comes with Tile technology built into the keyholder, so users can track and ring their keyholders. For details, check out KeySmart’s website.
How Tile works with KeySmart
Tile finding technology is built into your KeySmart keyholder device. Once activated, it works like a Tile would:
- Ring your KeySmart
- View your KeySmart's last known location on a map
- Use the Tile Detector
- Enlist the power of the Tile network
- Find your phone
Your KeySmart utilizes Tile’s Bluetooth tracking technology to ring your keyholder if it's hiding nearby or see the location of where your keyholder was last seen, all within the Tile app on your mobile device. The KeySmart keyholder has a Bluetooth range of up to 150 ft.
Activate your KeySmart keyholder
- Download the Tile app.
- Create and confirm your account.
- Open the Tile app.
- Tap the + sign at the top left corner of the screen.
- Under Activate a Tile Enabled Device, select KeySmart.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you already have a Tile account, just follow steps 3, 4, 5, and 6 to activate your KeySmart keyholder.
You can also update your KeySmart's name, photo, and category.
You also have the option to choose between any of the Tile ringtones.
Required settings on your mobile device
The following settings ensure that KeySmart works properly with your Tile app:
- Bluetooth set to On
- Location services set to On and Always permission granted to the Tile app
- For iOS, the Tile app must be open and running in the background
Learn more about permission settings that allow Tile finding features to work correctly.
Battery Life and Charging Information
- At a minimum, it is recommended to charge the KeySmart Pro every 60 days. This is mentioned on the product packaging and in the Tile app itself.
- For optimum performance, KeySmart recommends checking the charge every 45 days. The flashlight can also drain the battery with extensive use.
- Charging time for KeySmart is under 2 hours for full battery.
The KeySmart charging light shows the charging status.
- LED turns red when the battery is critically low or dead, will only light up red when you press a button on the device
- LED turns yellow when charging
- LED turns green when fully charged
Check KeySmart's last location
When your KeySmart is not in range, or not communicating with your mobile device, the map on your Tile app keeps a record of the last time and place your KeySmart and device were connected.
Learn how to find your QALO TraQ on a map.
Disconnect your KeySmart from your Tile account
Learn more about disconnecting your KeySmart keyholder.
Refund or warranty for KeySmart keyholder
All refund and warranty questions are completed through KeySmart. You can write an email to contact KeySmart at email@example.com.