Tile has a variety of ringtones to suit your preferences; follow the steps below to choose your favorite!
- Tap on the Tile you would like to change the ringtone on (Tile Mate, Tile Slim, Tile Sticker, and Tile Pro Series only)
- Make sure the Tile is in range
- Tap 'Ringtone' from the list of options
- Choose your desired ringtone
- Tap 'Save'
Once saved, your Tile will begin downloading the ringtone which may take up to 20 seconds. If your Tile requires a new firmware update, it will begin to do so along with the ringtone and this process may take up to 2 minutes. You will also be able to test the ringtone after the update.
If you lose connection to your Tile during these updates, don’t worry. Please let your Tile fully connect (solid green circle) and try again, you should be able to successfully update your ringtone!
Are you having trouble with changing your Tile's ringtone? Here are tips and guidelines that may resolve the issue you're experiencing:
- Check that you've selected the correct Tile from the menu.
- Make sure you're in range- If the Tile isn't within range, you won’t be able to make changes until the app is able to connect to it.
- Try to make sure that the Tile you are trying to update is right next to your phone/tablet.
- Is the Tile fully connected? (To double-check, go back to Tile’s home screen, and make sure the green Find button is visible.)
- Try turning bluetooth on or off, or restarting your phone/tablet
- Try connecting to WiFi or cellular data, whichever one works best for you!
If you have tried and confirmed all 5 steps above and you are still having issues updating your Tile's ringtone, please contact us.