How do I enable location services on my device?
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap on Settings
- Next, tap on Privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Tap on the toggle bar (next to Location Services) so that the color changes from grey/white to green or blue.
- On the same page, scroll until you see Tile. Set location services for Tile to Always.
(Note: Each Android device may vary -- like Samsung vs Nexus -- so if you're unable to find your Location Services settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.)
- From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
- Tap on Location services or Location access – whichever your phone shows.
- From this screen, toggle location services for the Tile app to Allow all the time. (Please make sure if you are able to set the "Mode" or Location services to be "High Accuracy")
Why should I set Location Services for Tile to "Always" for iOS or "Allow all the time" for Android?
When you set location preferences to "Allow all the time" or "Always", it makes sure that some of Tile's core functions will be readily connected and available.
It will allow you to use your Tile's find my phone feature even when the Tile app is running in the background of your device. It will allow the Tile app to record the most up-to-date location of your Tile directly onto the Tile app's map.
For more information about permission settings, click here.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know by contacting us!