How do I enable location services on my device?
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap on Settings
- Next, tap on Privacy
- Tap on Location Services
- Tap on the toggle bar (next to Location Services) so that the color changes from grey/white to green or blue.
- On the same page, scroll until you see Tile. Set location services for Tile to Always. Location services must be set to Always for your Tile features to work accurately.
(Note: Each Android device may vary -- like Samsung vs Nexus -- so if you're unable to find your Location Services settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.)
- From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
- Tap on Location services or Location access – whichever your phone shows.
- From this screen, toggle location services for the Tile app to Allow all the time. (Please make sure if you are able to set the "Mode" or Location services to be "High Accuracy")
Why should I set Location Services for Tile to "Always" for iOS or "Allow all the time" for Android?
When you set location preferences to "Allow all the time" or "Always", it makes sure that some of Tile's core functions will work for you accurately and as intended.
Many of Tile's key features, including seeing your Tile on a map and Find your phone, will not work unless your preferences are set to "Always" or "Allow all the time". These settings ensure that Tile will always be able to give you the most up-to-date location of your things.
For more information about permission settings, click here.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know by contacting us!