How do I enable location services on my device?
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the Tile app and tap.
- Tap on Location.
- Select "Always".
- Location services must be set to "Always" for your Tile features to work accurately.
- To allow Tile to obtain a more accurate location, you can also enable Precise Location from the screen.
(Note: Each Android device may vary -- like Samsung vs Nexus -- so if you're unable to find your Location Services settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.)
- From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
- Tap on Location, Location Services or Location access – whichever your phone shows.
- From this screen, toggle location services to "On" for the Tile app. (Please make sure, if you are able, to set the Mode or Location services to "High Accuracy" or select "Improve Accuracy")
Why should I set Location Services for Tile to "Always" for iOS?
When you set location preferences to "Always", it makes sure that some of Tile's core functions will work for you accurately and as intended.
Many of Tile's key features, including seeing your Tile on a map and Find your phone, will not work unless your preferences are set to "Always". These settings ensure that Tile will always be able to give you the most up-to-date location of your things.
For more information about permission settings, click here.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know by contacting us!