Enable Bluetooth for an iOS device.
In order to activate your Tiles and to connect them to your iOS device, set OS level permissions and App level permissions (iOS 13 or higher) for Bluetooth to On. The Bluetooth settings path is the same across all iOS devices.
For OS level permissions:
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Select General
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Toggle Bluetooth to On
For app level permissions (iOS 13 or higher):
- Tap on the Settings app for your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Privacy
- Then tap Bluetooth
- Scroll until you see Tile, and then toggle on to connect to Bluetooth
Enable Bluetooth for an Android device.
In order to activate your Tiles, and to connect them to your Android device, Bluetooth must be turned on.
(Note: Each Android device may vary -- like Samsung vs Nexus -- and so such if you're unable to find your Bluetooth settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.)
General Android Bluetooth settings:
- Tap on Settings on your Android device.
- Look for Bluetooth or the Bluetooth symbol in your settings and tap it.
- There should be an option to enable. Please tap or swipe on it so that is in the on position.
- Close out of Settings and you’re on your way!