Congratulations on successfully setting up your Tile account - it’s time to add your first Tile!
- Open the Tile app, and tap the “+” in the middle of your screen underneath "Add a Tile".
- Select the product you are adding from the list of different Tile and Partner products.
- Firmly press the “Tile” button or “e" and listen for a catchy tune.
- Hold the Tile close to your device ... and voila! Your Tile is officially activated and ready for use.
- Change the name of your Tile by selecting which type of item you're going to attach it to (or learn how to change the name of your Tile by clicking here).
- Test your new Tile by pressing the green "Find" button. Your Tile will ring to show you it's been added successfully.
*If you’re experiencing issues confirming your account, please add email@example.com to your safe sender list. If you still can’t see the email after doing so, we can help!
The average person can activate as many Tiles as they’d like. That being said, if you're looking to use Tile in a professional setting, please keep in mind that our mobile app has a maximum of 200 Tiles that can be activated on one account (including phones). Furthermore, the mobile Tile app is not recommended to be used for asset tracking.
Due to Bluetooth limitations, your device can only stay connected to a certain number of Tiles at a time:
Android devices can handle 4 connections at once.
If you have more than 8 Tiles, here’s a tip on how to keep track:
You can move your Tiles around in the list view of your app by holding and dragging them to the order of importance you’d like. The top 4 (Android) Tiles in your list will be given priority connections.
For example, if you want to Tile your passport but you only use it every once in a while, drag it to the bottom of the list until you’re ready to hit the road!