There are a few ways to track down your missing Tile:
If your Tile is out of range, you can check your Tile app to see its last known location.
Or you can enlist the help of the Tile Network by selecting Notify when Found to track down your
Be sure to check your settings to make sure you are always connected to your Tile. For more information about the required settings, check out our Permission Settings page here.
How do I know if my Tile is in range?
When you open the Tile app and tap on a Tile card, you will notice a circle around that TIle’s photo. You will know if your Tile is in range by looking at the outline of the circle.
If the circle surrounding the item is a solid green, then success! Your Tile is in range. Go ahead and ring your Tile to locate it.
If the circle is dotted green and spinning, your Tile is in range, but it hasn’t connected to your device yet. Use the proximity sensor to walk toward the Tile until it becomes in range! Once the circle becomes solid and green, ring it to find your things.
If the circle is dotted green and NOT spinning, you are close enough to connect to your Tile, however, your app has already reached its limit on connected Tiles. Tap on the Tile to connect it.
Note: this will disconnect another Tile. However, you can reconnect the Tile by following these instructions.
How do I ring my Tile?
If your Tile is in range, go ahead and give it a ring!
- First, open the Tile app
- Tap the Tile you wish to ring
- Tap Find
- Listen for the tune!
- Once found, tap Done or press once firmly on the Tile button to stop the ring
How do I use the Proximity Meter on the Tile app?
Sometimes, Tiled items can be hiding under piles of clothes so the ring is hard to hear. Sometimes you are just barely in range but your phone has yet to successfully connect to it.
- Simply tap on the desired Tile from your list of Tiles and press that Tile’s icon.
- The ring around your Tile will turn into the Proximity Meter. The rings will begin to light up gradually as you get closer, or will fade as you get farther away from your Tile.
How do I check my Tile’s last location?
If you are looking for your Tile and it is not in Bluetooth range, check that Tile’s last location. This will show you the last place that Tile and your device connected.
To check your map:
- Open the Tile app
- Tap on the Tile you want to locate
- Tap Options, and then Location History to see your Tile’s last known approximate location
- Tap the bubble representing your Tile to get walking or driving directions to the location
- Once you arrive at the location, check to see if your lost Tile is in range so that you can ring it
How do I use Notify when Found?
So, your Tile is not in range, nor is it at its last updated location as shown in the app. It’s time to enlist the help of the Tile Network by activating the Notify When Found feature on your Tile app!
This feature illuminates the benefits of the Tile Network. Whenever someone with the Tile app running comes into the range of a Tile, that Tile’s location is automatically and anonymously updated. Activating the Notify When Found feature will prompt your Tile app to notify you when your Tile’s location has been updated.
Here’s how to turn on the Notify When Found feature so you’ll know when your Tile’s location is updated anonymously:
- Open the Tile app on your device
- Tap on the Tile that you want to locate
- Tap the blue Notify When Found button
- Confirm when prompted
The moment someone with the Tile app passes by your missing Tile, you will immediately receive an email and in-app notification showing you when and where your Tile was located. You'll also have the option to anonymously thank whoever helped find your Tile.