Whether you need to do some spring cleaning or just finished binging Tidying Up with Marie Kondo, you can use the Tile app’s features to organize your list of Tiles within the app.
If you have a Tile on your list that you are not using, you can hide that Tile’s card from view
If you have a hidden Tile that you would like to bring back into rotation, you can unhide it and send it back in the lineup
Finally, if you want to replace an existing Tile with a new one, you can replace your Tile in the lineup.
How to Hide a TIle:
- In the Tile app, tap the ellipses ( … ) on the upper right hand corner of the Tile card you wish to hide
- On the drop down menu, select Details if you are an Android user, or More Options if you are an Apple user.
- Under Actions, choose Hide Tile
And Voila! Your Tile has disappeared from view!
How to Unhide a Tile
If you want to bring a Tile back in the app rotation or you accidentally hid a Tile, don’t worry! It can be undone.
- In the Tile app, tap the Settings gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Under Tiles, tap Manage Hidden Tiles
- Choose the hidden Tile you’d like to bring back by tapping unhide
And just as it disappeared, it has reappeared in your Tile rotation
How to Replace a Tile:
When you replace a Tile in the Tile app, you are simply combining two processes: hiding one Tile and activating a new Tile to take its spot. When you replace one Tile for another, rest easy knowing the replaced Tile is just hidden. You can always bring it back for use or to transfer it to another user.
- In the Tile app, find the Tile card you wish to replace and tap the ellipses ( … ) on the upper right corner
- Next, tap Details for Android, or More Options for Apple
- Under Actions, select Replace Tile. **A pop-up message will appear saying “You are about to add a new Tile to replace the current Tile. We will copy the name and photo to your new Tile. Your current Tile will become unusable.” Keep in mind, the current Tile will simply be hidden. You will be able to unhide it.**
- Select Continue on the pop-up message
- Follow the normal activation process for the new Tile
Tada! Your Tile is successfully replaced! Your new Tile will have the same name and picture as the one you replaced