Make your search party even bigger!
You can share each of your Tiles with one other email address, or you can subscribe to Tile Premium and share with unlimited people! Sharing a Tile means you and someone you trust can both update the Tile’s location, ring the Tile, look for its last known location on the map, and ask to be notified when the Tile is found.
There are two ways to share your Tile. Watch to see how it’s done, or skip to read the steps below:
Manually enter the email of the user you are sharing with:
- In the Tile app, tap on the Tile you wish to share
- Then tap Share (if you have Tile Premium, it will say Unlimited Sharing)
- Type in the email address of the person you want to invite to share your Tile and tap Share in the upper-righthand corner
- A small Shared icon will appear on the Tile card, indicating that it's been shared!
The person you’ve invited to share your Tile with will automatically have the same access to it as you do!
Share your Tile's Share Link:
- In the Tile app, tap on the Tile you want to share
- Tap Share (if you have Tile Premium, it will say Unlimited Sharing)
- Select Share a Link
- Your phone's menu will pop up with different options to share the link. Simply copy the link and paste it into a message or email for your friend or family member to use.
- Once the recipient clicks the link, the Tile app will open on their device and the Tile will be automatically shared. It may take some time for the app to catch up, so try refreshing the home screen by swiping down on it!
*Please be aware that if both of you are within Bluetooth range of the same Tile, it will automatically connect to the device that it’s closest to.
How to Unshare your Tile:
- In the Tile app, tap the Tile you want to unshare
- Then, hit Unshare Tile on the menu that pops up
- Once you unshare your Tile it will disappear from the other person’s account, and the shared Tile icon will disappear from the Tile card.
FAQ’s: Shared Tiles
How do I know if someone’s shared their Tile with me?
If someone has invited you to share their Tile, it will appear in your app in the list of active Tiles. There will be a small bubble next to the newly shared Tile, containing the first two letters of the sharer’s email. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org is sharing their Tile with you, “TI” will appear in the bubble next to the shared Tile.
If you tap on the shared Tile, near the bottom of your screen (just above the map) you’ll see who the Tile is shared by.
Can I share my Tile with someone who has a different kind of phone than I do?
Sure! As long as the person you’re trying to share your Tile with has the app on their device and they have a Tile account, you can share your Tile.
If they don’t have the app or an account, you can send them an invitation to create an account via email.
Can we both ring a shared Tile?
Yes! Just make sure both devices have the most up-to-date Tile app version. A shared Tile can be rang by either user's phone, as long as one of them is connected to the Tile. The user that is connected will show up underneath the green ‘Find’ button:
One user can ring a Tile at a time, so feel free to take turns and check it out!
What if accepting a shared Tile brings me over the connection limit?
Although you can add an unlimited number of Tiles to your list, your app can only connect to 4 Tiles on Android at once due to Bluetooth limitations.
You will be able to see all of your own Tiles and those that are shared with you in your app, however your app will connect to the top 4 (Android) in the list. You can drag and drop your Tiles to rearrange them in the order you want your phone to prioritize connections. The first 4 (Android) Tiles in your app will be the ones that are connected.