If you know your Tile is nearby, but your app is showing that it’s not connected, there are troubleshooting steps you can try to re-establish the connection between the app and your Tile.
Make sure your mobile device and Tile app are updated to the latest version. These software updates contain stability improvements and performance enhancements that frequently resolve technical issues.
Verify that Bluetooth and Location Services are enabled on your mobile device. Check that you have an internet connection through cellular or WiFi. Refer to our permission settings article for easy-to-follow steps to enable these settings.
If you are still unable to connect to your Tile
- Force close the Tile app from your recent apps page.
- Restart your mobile device.
- If your Tile is a 2018 model or older, reboot your Tile by pressing and holding down the Tile button on the Tile for 10 seconds. (newer model Tiles do not require a reboot).
- Relaunch the Tile app.
- Allow 1-2 minutes for your Tile to connect.
Some helpful information
- If you double press the Tile button on the Tile and it does not play a tune, it may not have a serviceable battery. If your Tile has a user-replaceable battery feature (Tile Mate (2018/2020) and Tile Pro (2018/2022/2022), learn how to replace your Tile’s battery.
- Tiles do not have their own data connection. They connect via Bluetooth to your mobile device and use the mobile device’s data connection to make location updates.
- You need to be within the Bluetooth range of your Tile in order to connect.
- Bluetooth is susceptible to signal interference, and solid objects such as walls, floors, doors, etc can significantly decrease your Tile's range.
- If your Tile is lost, learn more about finding your lost Tile.