If you are looking steps on how to activate a Tile, click here. You will find directions on how to add a Tile.
If you are experiencing some snags with the activation process, look no further! Below are some answers to common questions about activation.
Step One: What should I check first before moving on?
Most minor problems can be solved with a tap of a button! Before moving on, check first to see if:
- Your device's software is up to date: This will allow your device to have the latest Bluetooth support.
- You have the latest version of the Tile app: Keeping your app updated ensures your app is running at peak performance.
The Tile button is not responding when I try to activate it. How can I resolve this?
First, check for updates in step one. Then, make sure you have not already activated this Tile.
- Once a Tile is activated, it cannot be deactivated; however it may be transferred to another Tile user. If you received the Tile from a person who has already activated it, follow the directions to transfer your Tile.
- You can check if you already activated the Tile by tapping Find on each Tile card in your app. If the Tile plays the Find tune, then it has already been activated.
If your Tile is not activated yet and still not playing a tune, try these steps:
- Press the Tile button firmly for 1 second
- Your Tile should then play a tune
- Your Tile should be ready to activate! Follow the steps to activate your Tile
If the directions above do not work
- Turn off your phone for 2 minutes, then turn it back on
- Open your Tile app and leave it open for 2 minutes
- Hold the Tile button on your Tile for 1 second
- Your Tile should play a tune; however, even if it doesn't, continue to the directions to activate your Tile
If your Tile does not activate after 3 minutes, please contact us so that we can further assist you. If you can, include which troubleshooting steps you tried so we can provide more specialized support
Why does my Tile say it has been “previously activated”?
When you see the Previously Activated pop-up, there may be 3 possibilities for this message.
1. You may be too close to other Tiles that have already been activated
- Check your surroundings to make sure already activated Tiles are not close of your device
2. If you are the second owner of the Tile, you will need to have the previous owner transfer the Tile to you
- Find out how here
3. You may have bought a Tile from an unauthorized dealer. The Tile may have been previously activated by the seller.
- If you didn’t purchase your Tile on our website or through one of our authorized retailers it’s possible that the original buyer may have already activated the Tile.
- When a Tile is activated to an account, it cannot be deactivated; however, it can be transferred! In order to protect your privacy, you can have the seller contact the Tile Support Team using their Tile app account email address so that we can transfer the Tile to you. This way, you and the seller will not have to exchange personal information.
- If you are familiar with the seller and trust them with your email information, you can follow the instructions on this page to transfer the Tile as well.
If your Tile continues to display this message, please contact Customer Support so we can further assist you.