Your Tile’s location is updated using the Bluetooth radio connection between your Tile and your device running the app.
If your app is not displaying the right location of your Tile on the map, there are a few steps that you could take to resolve this issue:
- Updates: Please update your device’s software, and the app to the most current versions.
- Location Services: Location Services must be on for both your phone and the app. To confirm that your location services are enabled:
- For your iOS device: Settings > Privacy > Location Services (On) > Scroll down to "Tile and check that "Allow Location Access" is set to "Always". This will ensure Tiles' locations are updating when the app is running in the background.
- For your Android device: Each phone model's exact settings may differ but the essential functionality may be accessed in Settings > search for or tap on "Location"> ensure the setting is "On" and that Tile is granted permission.
- Network Connection: Please make sure you have a secure network connection. This could either be through Wifi or cellular data. *For more information about internet and cellular data usage, please visit this article here.
- Battery Savings Options: These settings can slow location updates or stop locations from updating altogether in an effort to save phone battery. To ensure that your phone is showing the most up-to-date and current locations, it may be worthwhile to check your specific phone's documentation and adjust these settings so that the Tile app is consistently updating the location of your Tiles.
We can help!
If the tips listed above do not improve location reporting, please sign out and back into your account.
If your Tile’s reported location is still incorrect, please send us an App Diagnostic report through the Tile app so that we can investigate.
In the report, please include the following information:
- The name of your Tile
- Does your Tile play a tune when you press the "e" or “Tile” button?
- What do you see? How does that compare to what you expect to see?
When travelling in mainland China and if you are getting an incorrect location, please check here.