Your Tile’s location is updated using the Bluetooth connection between your Tile and your device running the app.
If your app is not displaying the right location of your Tile on the map, here are a few things to try:
- Update your mobile device's operating system and the Tile app to the most current versions.
- Check if Location Services are ON for both your mobile device and the Tile app:
- For iOS devices: Settings > Scroll down to and select Tile. Check that Location is set to Always. Check also that Background App Refresh is set to On. These settings ensure that your Tiles' locations are updating when the app is running in the background.
- For Android devices: Each phone model's exact settings may differ but the essential functions may be accessed in Settings > search for then tap Location. Check that the setting for the Tile app is Allow all the time and that Use precise location is set to ON.
- Make sure you have a secure network connection. This could either be through WiFi or cellular data. Learn more about Tile connectivity requirements.
- Battery Savings settings can slow location updates or stop locations from updating altogether in an effort to save phone battery. To ensure that your device is showing the most up-to-date and current locations, check your specific device's documentation and adjust your battery settings so that the Tile app is continually updating the location of your Tiles.
- If the steps above do not improve location reporting, sign out and then sign back into your account.
If your Tile’s reported location is still incorrect, contact our Customer Care team for further assistance.
Note: When traveling in mainland China and if you are getting an incorrect location, you may notice that your Tiles appear to be in a different location than they actually are. This is not a problem with your phone or the Tile app! This is an intentional shift made by the Chinese government.