Is my device compatible with Tile?
Before you consider purchasing your first Tile, let’s make sure your device is compatible. Tile can be paired with iOS and Android devices that have Bluetooth 4.0 or newer. Below. You will find more information about the specs needed for compatibility. Unfortunately at this time, devices with Windows OS are not supported by Tile.
If you have an iOS device running iOS 11 or newer, Tile is compatible with:
- iPhone 6 or newer
- iPad (Regular, Pro, and Mini)
- Apple Watch Series 2 or newer (Requires iPhone 5s or above with iOS 11 or newer)
Please note that while the iPhone 5S and iPhone SE are compatible with the Tile app, the screen size is unofficially supported. This means there may be visual flaws on-screen but the app will retain all proper functionalities.
If you have an Android running Android 6.0 or newer, Tile is officially compatible with:
- Google Pixel/ XL and Pixel 2/2 XL
- Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer
- Samsung Note 8
- Nexus 5x or newer
There are many Android devices out there. If your Android device is not on the official compatibility list, this simply means we have not yet officially tested Tile with your device type. There is a great chance Tile is compatible with your device as long as your device is running Android 6.0 or newer and has Bluetooth 4.0. But we cannot guarantee the same level of technical support scenarios.
What Devices will not work with Tile?
- Any device that does not have Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE, will not work. These handsets do not have the hardware to communicate with our Tile hardware or companion app.
- Any device running not-yet-completed Operating Systems versions (ex: iOS Beta or Android Beta releases) may experience technical difficulties. The Tile app is tested with and intended to be used by mobile devices running full, public-release versions of the iOS and Android Operating Systems.
Tile is not liable for functionality or lack thereof with jailbroken devices as a jailbroken device usage is against our Terms of Service for Warranty outlined here.
While you can access your Tile account through your computer or laptop, at this time, the application is only designed to run on mobile devices, as the community relies on proximity to a device in order to locate a missing item. We plan to explore enhanced capabilities down the line.