If you are experiencing an error when attempting to register your items for reimbursement, it can be a result of your Tile being unable to give location updates. Please follow these steps to ensure your Tile is working properly and giving location updates so we can register your items for reimbursement:
1. Enable Location Services:
- Android Location Settings
- From your home screen, enter your Settings menu.
- Tap on Location, Location services, or Location access – whichever your phone shows.
- From this screen, toggle location services for the Tile app to Allow all the time. Please make sure you're able to set the "Mode" or Location services to "High Accuracy" or select "Improve Accuracy".
- (Note: Each Android device may vary -- like Samsung vs Nexus -- so if you're unable to find your Location Services settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.)
- iOS Location Settings
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap Settings.
- Next, tap on Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services.
- Tap on the toggle bar (next to Location Services) so that the color changes from grey/white to green or blue.
- On the same page, scroll until you see Tile. Set location services for Tile to "Always". Location services must be set to "Always" for your Tile features to work accurately.
To see a complete list of Permissions, click here.
2. Make sure you have a stable internet connection when registering items for reimbursement.
3. Make sure your Tile's battery is working.
- You can check your Tile's battery type and expected battery life here.
- You can find steps on how to replace your battery here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Care team here.