Having trouble connecting to your Tile? You're in the right place!
If you have a Pro, Style, or Sport model visit this article here.
Before you troubleshoot, check to see if you have these enabled:
- Your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your Location settings are turned on correctly- check out this article to learn how.
- Your device's software is up to date. This will ensure your device has the latest Bluetooth support.
- You have the latest version of the Tile app.
These updates often contain stability issue corrections and enhancements that resolve a majority of reported issues. If this didn't fix your issue, read on for more tips.
Restart your Tile:
Reboot your Tile by pressing and holding down the Tile button for 10 seconds.
The green Find button isn't showing up
If the green Find button is missing, it means your Tile is not within Bluetooth range of your device. Once your Tile is within range, the Find button will automatically pop up.
If your Tile is lost, tap Notify When Found so other members of the Tile Network can help. Read more about the Tile Network. If any device running the Tile app comes within range of your Tile, it will automatically (and anonymously) update the location of the Tile on your account.
How many Tiles can be connected to Bluetooth at once?
If you have an Apple device, the amount of Tiles that can be connected to Bluetooth at once is limitless.
If you have an Android, your device can connect up to 4 Tiles to Bluetooth at a time. This may be a reason you are not seeing the option to Find some of your Tiles. If you have more than 4 Tiles in your account, your device will connect to the Tiles listed first.
Need to connect to a Tile that is not in your top 4? Not a problem. In the Tile app, you can drag your Tile cards and organize them in the order you want your device to connect.
My Tile isn't connecting, but it's within Bluetooth range
First, check the first 4 steps at the beginning of this page to make sure everything is updated.
Next, let's make sure your Tile is properly activated:
- Press the button on your Tile once. It should not play a tune.
- If your Tile plays a tune while connecting to your phone, your Bluetooth may need to be reset. Skip to the next part for steps on how to do this.
- Quickly and firmly double-press the Tile button. This should activate Tile's Find my Phone feature and your Tile should play a little tune while it locates your phone.
- If your Tile does not play a tune, please contact us so our Support Team can further assist you.
If your Tile played a tune, here's how to reset your Bluetooth:
- Turn off your device. Keep it off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is toggled on. If you have Apple iOS 13 or beyond, make sure your location settings are enabled for Tile.
- Open the Tile app. It may take up to 2 minutes for your Tile to connect.
If you are still experiencing issues with connectivity, please contact us here.