Tile is now supported by Find My with Alexa! After you have enabled your Tile skill and set up your Tile devices, you can enable the skill in the Alexa app. Once done, you can simply say things like “Alexa, find my keys” or “Alexa, ring my backpack” to locate your items.
How do I add Tile to Amazon Alexa?
- Select More in the bottom right of your screen > Skills & Games
- Select the Magnifying glass in the top right of your screen > Search Tile
- Select the Tile app > Enable to Use
- Select Login, but don't use "Log in with Facebook".
- Once Tile successfully links, select Done > Save Permissions
- Follow prompts to Discover Devices if needed.
To verify all Tiles are enabled for “Find My”:
- Select Devices at the bottom of the app > Trackers
- Select the gear icon at the top right.
- Make sure all Tiles are enabled.
Now you're ready to go! To confirm if you synced successfully, Tile should show up under "My Skills" in the Alexa app.
How do I enable the Amazon Sidewalk feature in the Alexa app?
Please note: Tile with Amazon Sidewalk functionality is only available within the U.S.
- Add Tile to your Amazon Alexa account as described previously.
- In your Alexa app, select More in the bottom right of your screen, and then Settings.
- Select Account Settings, ensure Amazon Sidewalk and Community Finding are enabled.
- If you see Enabled, you're good to go!
- If you see Disabled, simply select the option to enable Amazon Sidewalk.
How do I ring my Tile and/or phone using Amazon Alexa?
If you are using Alexa in English (US/Australia/Canada/UK) or German, please use the following phrases to find with Tile:
To ring your Tile: “Alexa, find my Keys” or “Alexa, ring my Keys”
To find out the last known location of your Tile: “Alexa, where are my keys”
If you have multiple Tiles on the same kind of item: Alexa will ask you to identify which Tile you are looking for exactly.
If you are in Japan or using a 3rd party device (like Sonos), please follow the below ring directive skill:
To ring your Tile: “Alexa, ask Tile to ring my Keys” or “Alexa, ask Tile to find my Keys”
To ring your phone: “Alexa, ask Tile to ring my phone” or “Alexa, ask Tile to find my phone”
To find out the last known location of your Tile: “Alexa, ask Tile to locate my keys”
If you have multiple Tiles on the same kind of item: For example, if you have two sets of keys with a Tile on both sets, or two phones in your Tile account- you will have to identify to Alexa which Tile/phone you would like it to ring.
What's the range?
Your Tile and your mobile device must be within range and connected to each other for Amazon Alexa to ring your Tile and phone. Tile's direct range is Bluetooth connectivity range of up to 400 feet.
If a family member and I both have our own Tiles with the same name (i.e. Keys), how do I make sure Amazon Alexa rings the right Tile?
At this time, only one account can be connected with Amazon Alexa. You can easily share Tiles though so they can show up on your family or friends account.
Do I need an internet connection for Amazon Alexa to work?
Yes, an internet connection is required for Amazon Alexa to talk to your Tiles.
What languages does Alexa support?
The Tile skill for Alexa supports English (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia), German, and Japanese.
In what countries is the Tile skill on Alexa available?
The Tile skill is available in all countries and regions where Amazon distributes skills, but only the following languages are supported: English (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia), German, and Japanese.
What if my Amazon Echo can't connect to and ring my Tile or phone?
Oh no! We can help! Make sure your Amazon Alexa device is connected and working by trying another easy action such as checking the weather.
Quick fixes by simply updating the Tile App version:
- Unable to login to Tile on Alexa
- Alexa says not logged in now, but worked fine before
- Cannot ring Tile from Alexa now, but was able to before
If it's still not working, contact us and we will help resolve the issue quickly.
*The Tile skill in the Amazon Alexa Skill shop is currently only available in English (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia), German, and Japanese. Please note that Canada - French language is not yet supported.