Tile is now supported by Find My with Alexa. After you have enabled your Tile skill and set up your Tile devices, you can enable the skill in the Alexa app. Once done, you can simply say things like “Alexa, find my keys” or “Alexa, ring my backpack” to locate your items.
How do I add Tile to Amazon Alexa?
After you have activated your Tiles in the Tile app, complete these steps in the Alexa app:
- Select More at the bottom right corner of your screen > Skills & Games.
- Select the Magnifying glass at the top right corner of the screen > Search Tile.
- Select the Tile app > Enable to Use.
- Select Login, but don't use "Log in with Facebook".
- Once Tile successfully links, select Done > Save Permissions.
- Follow prompts to Discover Devices if needed..
To verify all Tiles are enabled for “Find My”:
- Select Devices at the bottom of the app > Trackers
- Select the gear icon at the top right.
- Make sure all Tiles are enabled.
To confirm if you synced successfully, Tile should show up under "My Skills" in the Alexa app.
How do I enable the Amazon Sidewalk feature in the Alexa app?
Note: Tile with Amazon Sidewalk functionality is only available within the U.S.
- Add Tile to your Amazon Alexa account as described previously.
- In your Alexa app, select More at the bottom right corner of your screen, and then Settings.
- Select Account Settings and ensure Amazon Sidewalk and Community Finding are enabled.
- If they are "Disabled", select the option to enable Amazon Sidewalk.
How do I ring my Tile using Amazon Alexa?
Note: If you are using Alexa in English (US/Australian/Canada/UK) or German, use the following phrases to find with Tile:
To ring your Tile: “Alexa, ring my Keys.”
To find out the last known location of your Tile: "Alexa, find my keys.“ or "Alexa, where are my keys?”
If you have multiple Tiles on the same kind of item: Alexa will ask you to identify exactly which Tile you are looking for.
What's the range?
Your Tile and your mobile device must be within range and connected to each other for Amazon Alexa to ring your Tile and phone. Tile's direct range is Bluetooth connectivity of up to 400 feet, depending on the Tile model.
If a family member and I both have our own Tiles with the same name (i.e. Keys), how do I make sure Amazon Alexa rings the right Tile?
At this time, only one account can be connected with Amazon Alexa. You can easily share Tiles though so they can show up on your family or friends' account.
Do I need an internet connection for Amazon Alexa to work?
Yes, an internet connection is required for Amazon Alexa to talk to your Tiles.
What languages does Alexa support?
The Tile skill for Alexa supports English (US)(CA)(AU)(GB), Japanese (JP), German (DE), Spanish (ES)(US), and Italian (IT).
In what countries is the Tile skill on Alexa available?
The Tile skill in the Amazon Alexa Skill shop is currently only available in the United States, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Spain, and Italy.
What if my Amazon Echo can't connect to or ring my Tile?
Make sure your Amazon Alexa device is connected and working by trying another easy action such as checking the weather.
Quick fixes by simply updating the Tile app version:
- Unable to log in to Tile on Alexa
- Alexa says not logged in now, but worked fine before
- Cannot ring Tile from Alexa now, but was able to before